|Optimal upload specifications|
Read below to find out more about the required and recommended upload specifications for your PDF file on Paperturn.
Required Upload Specifications
Must be a .PDF file - any other file formats are not accepted / compatible.
entire PDF file must be a single page layout (If using a PDF file with
both single and double-page spreads, your pages may look distorted when
converted into a flipbook & linking will not work correctly).
Pages must all have the same width and height.
Maximum file size is 512MB. You can have an unlimited number of pages, as long as the file is 512MB or less.
PDF page size should be 2500 x 2500 pt. at maximum.
Optimal Upload Specifications
Documents designed for web use should generally have larger text than
for print, with the gold standard being viewing your design on an actual
device; however, we recommend an absolute minimum font size of 14px
(visible only when using the zoom function), with optimal size being
22px for easy reading without using the zoom function.
dimensions of your flipbook is a matter of personal preference;
however, the optimal dimensions for best viewing experience on monitors
with standard aspect ratios of 16:9 and 16:10 is 1047px (height) x 1200px
(width) (per page). In layman’s terms, a horizontal format page which
is longer than it is tall.
Optimal export settings from InDesign to Paperturn
you’re using InDesign to create your PDF content, follow our
recommended settings for export to ensure the highest possible image
quality, error-free rendering and transfer of links:
always seeks to import all links from your PDF; however, if the URLs
inside the PDF are not configured as hyperlinks, they may not import
properly to your flipbook. Follow the steps below to ensure your links
transfer correctly from your InDesign file to Paperturn:
- Click “Type”, then “Hyperlinks & Cross-References”, then “Convert URLs to Hyperlinks”
- In the box that appears, click “Convert All”
- InDesign will inform you how many items have been replaced. Click “Ok”, then “Done”
- Export your design as a PDF with hyperlinks
From here, you can re-upload your new PDF to Paperturn to ensure the links have transferred. You can also use our overwrite function if you’d like to retain the same URL as your previous flipbook.
InDesign export settings
Below are the suggested guidelines depending on your content and InDesign version:
If you are using InDesign to create your content, you can download Paperturn’s Export Preset
and add it to your presets to ensure that your PDF exports properly for
conversion into a Paperturn flipbook. You can also follow the steps
below if you would like to set up the preset yourself:
1) Select File > Adobe PDF Presets > Define
2) Select New... and set Preset Name to Paperturn Export Preset
3) General settings
- Optimize for Fast Web View: Enabled
- Create Tagged PDF: Enabled
- Export Layers: Visible layers
- Include Hyperlinks: Enabled
4) Compression settings
- Set Color, Grayscale and Monochrome images to Bicubic Downsampling to 150 pixels per inch for images over 150 pixels per inch.
- Compress Text and Line Art: Enabled
5) Advanced Settings
- Transparency Flattener - [High-Resolution]
- *This preset will best maintain the quality of your text and vectors
6) Save your new Paperturn Export Preset and use it to save your content as PDF for optimal export to Paperturn every time.
7) Upload your PDF to Paperturn.